- Flat hook and loop attachment
- Medium cut
- Suggested for use with 3M™ Perfect-It™ Rubbing Compound 39060, 06085, and 06086
3M Foam Compounding Pad
- Single-sided convolute foam pad retains compound to reduce slinging and help with even application.
- Large surface area helps maximize productivity.
- May be used on cured, hard or medium finish paint and helps refine scratches.
- Convolute foam pad conforms to irregular surfaces, curves and body lines, reducing chatter for improved finish.
- May be used with any 3M Perfect-It rubbing compound for effective scratch removal.
- Hookit attachment makes for quick backup pad changes during multi-step sequences.
Emove Fine Scratches and Swirl Marks
3M Foam Compounding Pad works for a variety of specific applications, including working with cured, hard, or medium finish paint, scratch removal and refining P1200 or finer sand scratches. 3M developed these foam pads to keep pace with evolving paint and clear coat technologies. Foam pads are generally less aggressive and produce a finer finish than wool pads, ideal for the critical compounding stages of paint refinishing.
Single-Sided Foam Pads and the Hookit Attachment System
The Hookit attachment system has a hook-and-loop feature which makes disc attachment, removal, and re-attachment of single-sided 3M Foam Compounding Pad clean, easy and very fast for maximized shop time. It also facilitates use and re-use of the disc for maximum product life. Hookit discs have a brushed nylon loop backing of the type most commonly used in everyday hook-and-loop applications. A range of Hookit pads such as the 3M Foam Compounding Pad features hooks which grip the brushed nylon loop backing. It’s simple: just attach the disc and start sanding. The disc removes just as cleanly and easily. The Hookit system is designed for work spaces and applications where adhesive backed abrasives may become contaminated by dust, dirt or debris.
3M recommends the 7-inch 3M Hookit backup pad or 7-inch 3M Perfect It Back-Up Pad, which is part of the Hookit system.
Partner Foam Pad with a Compound
3M suggests using this foam pad in conjunction with Perfect-It Rubbing Compound, which is part of the line of 3M Perfect-It products. It is a fast-cutting compound that helps remove sand scratches and leave a fine finish on automotive paints. Together, the foam pad and compound are an integral part of the 3M Perfect-it Paint Finishing System – developed for when the finest finish is required for every level of clear coat and paint repair. The system uses a progressive series of abrasives, buffing and compounding pads, and proprietary polishes across four stages of repair to produce show-room grade finishes with deep color and rich gloss.