Description des produits
- Non-woven flaps combine deburring, blending and finishing into one step for greater efficiency
- Constructed for long life, flexibility, heat-resistance and load-resistance
- Excellent choice for aluminum, steel and titanium substrates
- Overlapping flaps increase durability and enhance cut rate
- Open web responds to surface irregularities and minimizes gouging of the part
- Phenolic resin plate provides cushion effect for optimal blending and dampens vibration, reducing operator fatigue and tool wear
- Made with aluminum oxide for fast cut rate and long life
Durable and Heat-Resistant
Ideal for light deburring and blending applications where final finish is important, the Zirconium Corindon Standard Abrasives™ Surface Conditioning Flap Disc delivers a fast cut and consistent finish in a single step. The non-woven nylon material is both durable and load-resistant, making this an especially long-lasting disc. The heat resistant open web makes this an excellent choice for use on aluminum, stainless steel, and titanium.
This non-woven aluminum oxide product offers an excellent solution for deburring, edge breaking, blending, cleaning, finishing, and polishing after traditional grinding is done with a Resin Fiber or Flap Disc. Use it for deburring milled surfaces and edges, preparing for anodizing, blending weld seams, removing flash and parting lines, and removing scratches or weld discoloration.
Engineered for Single-Step Efficiency and Extended Utility
Flap discs are three-dimensional discs with overlapping layers of non-woven, scrim-reinforced flaps that fan out from a central hub. The overlapping layers continually expose fresh abrasive mineral for a fast cut, while the cushioning of the flaps creates a consistent, blended finish. The one-step alternative to coated discs, surface conditioning flap discs deburr and finish in a single step, making them a time and cost-saving solution in many typical applications. And, because their overlapping construction allows more abrasive material to be loaded onto the cutting surface, they far outlast typical discs. Flap discs have the flexibility to easily follow curves and contours while delivering less gouging and enhancing operator comfort.
Using A Flap Disc
Flap discs are used on a right angle grinder. Flap discs with a 7/8″ center hole can be secured onto a right angle sander with a compatible disc retainer nut (sold separately). Flap discs with a 5/8-11 internal thread are designed to be mounted directly to tools with 5/8-11 EXT threaded shafts.
Our Standard Abrasives™ Surface Conditioning Flap Disc (PDF, 2.9 Mb) is designed with a Type 29 conical profile. Flaps are angled to provide more aggressive cutting action, making this profile ideal for stock removal and faster results on edge work, flats and contours.
Quality Standard Abrasives™ Solutions for Industrial Applications
The Standard Abrasives brand has supplied quality abrasives to the metalworking industry for over 50 years. Customers rely on our broad offering of high performance products including coated, bonded, and non-woven abrasive lines.
Zirconium corundum flap disc is suitable for heavy-duty grinding, with excellent toughness and sharpness, mainly used for rough grinding, deburring, wood grinding and polishing of metal, high carbon steel and stainless steel. Zirconium corundum flap disc abrasives have higher heat resistance compared to brown fused alumina, which makes them a good choice for high pressure grinding and machining applications. Zirconium corundum flap disc is generally used for grinding stainless steel, nickel alloys, aluminum, titanium, cast iron, carbon steel, and welds, etc.
Propriétés du corindon de zirconium
Zirconia corundum is an extremely hard material with a hardness of 9 to 10 on the Mohs scale. Zirconium corundum has high toughness and durability in addition to its high hardness, making it a cost-effective choice for many applications. It is also suitable for high temperature applications. It has strong chemical resistance and is ideal for use in harsh environments.
The Performance of Zirconium Corundum Abrasive:
- According to the physical and chemical indicators and content of ZrO2, there are generally low zirconium corundum (ZrO210%~15%), medium zirconium corundum (ZrO225%) and high zirconium corundum (ZrO240%). The main crystal phase of zirconium corundum is α-Al2O3, the secondary crystal phase is baddeleyite, and there is also a small amount of glass phase.
- Zirconium corundum has tough texture, compact structure, high strength, good thermal shock resistance, and is generally taupe. Density 4.05g/cubic centimeter. It has good melt corrosion resistance and is mostly used as glass kiln lining material.
- Zirconium corundum abrasive has tough texture, compact structure, high strength, good thermal shock resistance, and the color is generally taupe.
The Use of Zirconia Corundum Abrasives:
- Zirconium corundum has good melt erosion resistance. As a high-grade abrasive, it can manufacture high-performance heavy-duty grinding wheels, and has a good grinding effect on steel parts, cast iron parts, heat-resistant steel, and various alloy materials;
- Zirconium corundum is also a high-grade refractory raw material. It is an ideal material for making high-performance sliding nozzles and submerged nozzles. It can also be used to make zirconium corundum bricks for glass melting furnaces.
- It is widely used in the production and manufacture of refractory materials such as continuous rolling and continuous casting, nozzles, runners, and glass furnaces in the iron and steel industry.
- Zirconium corundum micropowder is mainly used to make abrasive paste, polishing wax, emery cloth and sandpaper, etc.
- Zirconium corundum has good resistance to melt erosion. As a high-grade abrasive, it has a good grinding effect on steel parts, cast iron parts, heat-resistant steel, and various alloy materials. It can manufacture high-performance heavy-duty zirconium corundum grinding wheels, barren grinding wheels, cutting discs, rail grinding wheels, high-speed abrasive belts, etc.
The performance of zirconium corundum abrasive:
1. Microcrystalline structure and crystal size. The smelting and production of zirconium corundum requires rapid cooling to obtain abrasive particles with smaller crystals, so it has the characteristics of high wear resistance compared with traditional abrasives such as white corundum and brown corundum. The microcrystalline structure and crystal size are also the main indicators to determine the quality of AZ-40 zirconium corundum.
Through the microstructure, it can be seen whether the homogeneous structure in the eutectic is perfect, whether there is a separated phase and how much the separated phase is, and at the same time it can be seen whether the separated phase is zirconia or alumina. The size of the crystals can also be seen through the microstructure. The smaller the crystal size, the more units involved in grinding and the longer the grinding life.
2. Zirconia content. There are many zirconium raw materials for the production of zirconium corundum, and generally zircon sand and other zirconium materials are the main materials. The 25 zirconium produced has low zirconia content and relatively low cost, and is suitable for industries such as heavy-duty grinding wheels, steel castings, superhard steel, stone sandblasting, and wear-resistant products manufacturing. 40 zirconium corundum has high zirconia content and high bulk density, and is suitable for the production of cutting discs, coated abrasives such as steel paper sanding discs, fiber wheels, nylon polishing wheels and other products.
3. Particle size composition. The bulk density of zirconium corundum abrasive has a lot to do with the production process. The particle size of zirconium corundum produced by Barmac ball mill is more rounded, with high bulk density and better wear resistance.
4. Bulk density. The bulk density of 25 zirconium is 1.90-2.30g/cm3, and the specific gravity is 4.3g/cm3, which is 25-35% higher than that of ordinary fused corundum. The bulk density of 40 zirconium is 2.15-2.45g/cm3, and the specific gravity is 4.6g/cm3, which is 35-45% higher than that of ordinary fused corundum. The toughness is 14-18 times that of brown corundum.
Product Detail & Main Specification
Application du produit